It’s not a diet…it’s a lifestyle
Tired of starving? Spring is typically when most people suffer through strict diets to get into bikini shape. But it doesn’t have to be that way! Health eating is easier than you think! If you view eating as an opportunity to improve your health and overall well-being instead of a dreaded sacrifice, you’re one step closer to success.
Check out some of the ways you can improve your quality of life by starting a healthy eating program.
Healthy eating keeps you…HEALTHY!
Implementing a healthy diet into your life is the easiest way to fight off many diseases, including heart disease and diabetes. A healthy diet boosts your immune system and enables the body to function as it needs to. Combining a healthy diet with exercise increases the possibility of living a longer, more vibrant life.
Healthy eating is an effective weight loss tool.
For those of us trying to shed a few pounds, a healthy diet is a must. We hear all the time about people going on fad diets only to gain the weight right back when they return to normal eating habits. By sticking to a healthy diet that includes all of the food groups, you can lose the weight and maintain it because you are choosing a healthy lifestyle over dieting, which leads to long-term results.
Diets come and go, but making a few simple substitutions to your regular diet like the ones below can really make a difference:
- Replace sugar with applesauce when you’re baking.
- Go for nuts instead of croutons for that extra crunch you want in your salad.
- Opt for non-fat plain Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. It tastes the same with much less guilt!
- Swap out rice for quinoa.
- Try chia seeds instead of breadcrumbs.
- Skip the whole milk and try almond or soymilk.
- And don’t forget the water. A hydrated body is a beautiful body!
Eating well is not just about losing weight. When we put healthy food inside of us, we feel better and we look better…and we all want that, don’t we? Make the commitment NOW to begin your journey to a healthy lifestyle!