This natural recipe is one of my favourite bath time treats as it leaves your skin feeling super soft and smelling absolutely divine.
YOU WILL NEED:
50g organic shea butter
50g organic cocoa butter
2 drops of lavender essential oil (per melt)
1 teaspoon of dried lavender flowers
1 teaspoon of organic chamomile tea
1. Finely grate your cocoa butter and add to a glass bowl. Add your shea butter to the grated mixture.
2. Place your glass bowl on top of a pan of hot water and stir until melted then take off the heat.
3. Open a teabag of organic chamomile tea and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of it into the mix.
4. Sprinkle your dried lavender into the mix and give it all a good stir.
5. Gently pour your molten mix into silicone moulds (you can also use ice cube trays but I find the melts easier to remove from silicone). I like to use small pretty shapes such as flower moulds that are designed for chocolate.
6. Add your essential oil (in this case lavender) to the moulds.
7. Put your melts into the fridge to harden up for about an hour.
8. Pop your melts out their mould and store in a pretty glass jar.
HOW TO USE:
Pop one bath melt in a warm bath and wait for it to dissolve. Be careful as the cocoa butter can make your bath quite slippery. If you don’t want your bath to be covered in lavender flowers and chamomile you can always place your bath melt in a muslin cloth bag.
Feel free to adapt this recipe to suit your own personal preference and tastes. Other great combinations include lemon and orange with grated lemon zest or shredded rose petals and geranium essential oil.
Looking for a handmade gift idea. Why not try these? Super easy to make and customize with your own scent ideas. I might try to add some powdered milk for a natural exfoliator.